Where you’re going, there are no roads. That’s why you need the Aero-X, a vehicle that makes low-altitude flight realistic and affordable. Flying up to 10 feet off the ground at 45 miles per hour, the Aero-X is unlike any vehicle you’ve seen. It’s a hovercraft that rides like a motorcycle - an off road vehicle that gets you off the ground.
The Aero-X can be adapted for unlimited outdoor uses: surveying, search and rescue, border patrol, disaster relief, aerial agricultural, ranching, and much more.
Or maybe you just want go out to the desert and fly.
Because the Aero-X is intuitive to fly, you can learn to operate it safely in just a weekend of training. It responds to your movements just as a motorcycle would. And it costs a fraction of even the most basic airplane or helicopter. Maintenance is simple and inexpensive, as the Aero-X is built with very few moving parts and is powered by a reliable rotary engine.
Flight . . . easy, affordable, safe
Why will you fly? Reserve your Aero-X now.
- Occupancy: 2 persons
- Altitude: 0 to 12 feet above surface level
- Airspeed: 0 to 45 mph (72 kmh)
- Takeoff Speed: 0 mph
- Useful Load: 310 lbs (140 kgs)
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Length: 14.8 feet (4.5 m)
- Width: 6.8 feet (2.1 m)
- Height: 4.1 feet (1.25 m)
- Dry weight: 785 lbs (356 kg)
- Fuel: automotive gasoline
- Intuitive pilot interface
- Fixed-pitch carbon fiber fans
- Four-wheel gear with castoring aft wheels
- Two-position control bars
- Carbon fiber composite primary structure
- Normally aspirated three–rotor rotary engine
- Direct drive composite driveshafts
- Oil-cooled gearboxes
- Vertical take-offs and landings without runways or forward speed
- Ducts shroud rotating fans from ground personnel and obstacles
- 3:2 engine redundancy
- Powertrain monitoring system
- Redundant control system
- Roll bar
- Whole vehicle airbags (optional)
- Tachometer with indicator lights
- Mounting, USB, and power provisions for auxiliary equipment
- Whole vehicle airbags
- Floatation pontoons for water operations
- DOT approved transport trailer
- Price: $85,000 + CPI
- Deposit: $5,000 USD, refundable
- Deliveries: commence 2017
Performance and specifications are estimates only, and are subject to change. Price may vary based on vehicle options. Estimated Price is as of May 1, 2014 any CPI increase is calculated from that date. Terms are summarized for brevity, please read our Deposit Agreement for full details.